Telegram is a very popular messaging platform which was founded in 2013 by brothers Nikolai and Pavel Durov. As telegram has many great features, it stands as a very good competitor of WhatsApp. I personally like telegram than WhatsApp. This article will show you how to run multiple telegram accounts on PC.
Telegram is available for Android, iOS and Windows. On android telegram app, you can add multiple accounts, each with a separate phone number. But the telegram application for PC allows only one account. If you have two telegram accounts and want to use both on PC, then this post is for you.
Run Multiple Telegram Accounts on PC
- Create a new user by opening ‘Settings‘ on Windows 10. Click on Accounts -> Add Someone else to this PC -> I don’t have this person’s sign-in information -> Add a user without a Microsoft Account. Now enter user name and password to create a new local account.
- Now sign off from your current account and login to the newly created account.
- After logging in, navigate to the below path
- Copy the entire contents in the above folder (except tdata folder) and paste it in the below path
If you do not find the above paths, your system might have the files at C:\Users\OLD_USER\Roaming\Telegram Desktop
- Now login to your old account and navigate to C:\Users\NEWUSER\AppData\Roaming\Telegram Desktop and create a shortcut of Telegram.exe on the desktop.
- You will see two telegram shortcuts on desktop, if you already had one shortcut before. Name it accordingly as First_Telegram.exe and Second_Telegram.exe
- Now open the Second_Telegram.exe
- It will ask you to sign up for telegram. You can register with a different number.
Finally you will be able to use two telegram accounts on one PC. If you want more instances of telegram, you can create multiple users and follow the above process to use multiple telegram accounts on a single PC.
Hope you enjoyed this trick. If you found this post helpful, please like it and share it on your social networks.