WhatsApp is a very popular mobile messaging app available for google android, Apple iOS, Blackberry, Nokia Series 40, Symbian 60, Windows Phone. In addition to sending text messages over internet, it also allows users to share and send Images, Audios and Videos with each other. But it has certain limitations :
– It allows users to send only image, audio and video files only. There is no in-built option to send other file types such as PDF, DOC, APK, etc.
– The maximum video size that can be sent over whatsapp is restricted to 16 MB. You cannot send videos larger than 16 MB. However whatsapp introduced a new feature which allow you to trim and compress the video before sending. But still its a limited feature. We cannot send large videos.
– If you have noticed, when you send images on whatsapp, they are compressed and sent to the receiver. However the quality is not noticeable on mobile, but it can be noticed on computer. If we want to send HD images, the quality will be significantly reduced.
The above are the severe restrictions for file transfer in whatsapp. However you can upload the image, video, audio or any other file type without losing quality, to any file sharing site and share it with your friends. But it will be a lengthy process. So, here is a whatsapp trick to share and send any kind of file and transfer your images, audio and videos without losing its quality. We need two apps along with whatsapp to use this trick. Follow the below procedure :
– WhatsApp for Android
– Get Dropbox Official App
– Get CloudSend for Android
Trick to Send Any File Type in WhatsApp :
You might already be having WhatsApp installed on your phone. Now the first thing you need to do is download DropBox official android app and Cloudsend android app from the above links.
1. Now First Install Dropbox. If you have already registered for a dropbox account, then no problem. If you do not have an account then Sign up for a dropbox account. And Login to your dropbox app.
2. Next Install CloudSend App on your device. Open the App, it will give you a quick tour of the app, just swipe your screen from right to left. At the last screen, you will be asked to authorize dropbox app. Just Click Allow. Cloudsend will create a new folder in your dropbox with a name ‘CloudSend’ and asks complete control over it. Once authorization is complete, you can close the app.
3. Now, to Send any file type, just go to your file manager and long press any file. Select Share Option.
4. From the Pop up, Select CloudSend.
5. Wait for cloudsend to upload the selected file to your dropbox’s newly created cloudsend folder. The transfer time depends upon the file size. The good thing is that the cloudsend app comes with no ads and no file size upload restrictions. Once the upload is complete, you will be given two options. Share and Copy. You can copy the direct link of the file or you can share the selected file. Here we will click Share option.
6. After clicking the share button, you will given option to share the link to several platforms including SMS, Email, WhatsApp, WeChat, Google +, Facebook and all those apps which are installed on your device. At this time we will select WhatsApp.
After Selecting WhatsApp option, you will be asked to select the whatsapp contact to share the link with. Select your friend and share the link. The link will be displayed along with the filename. Your friend can preview the file, if supported. Or he can directly download the file using any browser on his phone. That’s All. Send any file type with any size without loosing its quality on whatsapp.
WhatSend and WhatsPacked to share any type of file, but the main drawback is that both the users should have these apps installed on their mobiles. So this is not a good option to use, because not all users will have these apps installed on their device. So the trick shown in this post is great.You can also use the apps like
Hope you like this article. If you found this helpful, please like it and share it on your social networks.